Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More kids cards

A big thank you to everyone who left/sent lovely comments and birthday wishes yesterday, it really made my day. I started with a bit of a sleep-in, made the most of the gorgeous weather by washing two sets of sheets (doesn't sound like fun, I know, but it is very satisfying), I met my good friend Ang, & her 2 delightful kids, for lunch down at Warners Bay and then went shopping. I was even good and only bought stuff for my niece & nephews (am on a 'paying my credit card down to $0' campaign), but I so enjoy buying stuff for them that it was good fun.
I then raced home, chatted to another good friend (did so while making my bed, bent down to pick sheet up and bashed head into dresser. It left a lump & bled a little, owwww). The night was then topped off by visiting my best friends Ian & Joy. Joy is a brilliant cook, she made me lamb roast (done on the barbie) with all the trimmings and a beautiful butterscotch pudding, from scratch, with caramel icecream & whipped cream. I stuffed myself, it was all so yummo. We finished off by playing the DVD game of 'Who wants to be a Millionaire'. We laughed so much.

Anyway, on to some more cards. Thought I'd show you some cards for girls/tweens. I CASEd both of these. Case-ing (Copy and Selectively Edit) is a great way to get ideas when you first start out. Then playing in challenges is a good way to expand your creativity. I am pretty much unable to just stare at a stamp set & come up with ideas, sadly.

This first one is for Lucy, she turns 11 next month. I saw the original here. I really liked the idea of making the flowers sparkle, although, even with using my Stamp-a-ma jig, I still didn't quite match the versamark ink with the flowers. Still, I'm sure Lucy won't mind. I also left off raising the centres of the flowers



I made the second card for Lucy's big sister Charlotte, who turned 13 in June. Their Mum is one of my best friends, we met in 1992 when we both did a course called a DTS in Christian organisation called YWAM. That is a story in itself that I'll keep for another day. This card was also CASEd from this card on Splitcoast. Splitcoast Stampers are such a fantastic source of inspiration. My head nearly exploded when I first visited their site.



Well that's it for now (thank goodness, you're probably saying). Think I should get my Wii Fit out & do some exercise, or go for a walk in the beautiful sunshine.
Have a great day, xox


Recipe (Lucy)
Stamps: Cheep Talk, Great Friend
Paper: Almost Amethyst, Whisper White CS, Regal Rose DSP (hostess gift)
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Regal Rose, certainly Celery, Versamark
Accessories: Heat n Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds, oval & scallop oval punches, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon

Recipe (Charlotte):
Stamps: Party Hearty, Whimsical Numbers (ret), In the Stars
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Whisper White CS, Washington Apple DSP
Ink: Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, White (non SU)
Accessories: Heat n Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Circle, Scallop Circle and Eyelet Border Punches, Dimensionals

1 comments:

Kylie said...

Great cards, Fiona!
I always find it hard to make cards for this age group(as well as male cards lol)I might have to go a caseing roflol!
TFS!

Take Care,
Kylie X

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio