Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #28

Hi, I wasn't going to post this until tomorrow, but then I realised I'd have to post it now if I wanted to enter it into the challenge. Figure I'll forget to do that if I wait until after work in the morning.

I've been inspired, by all the lovely cards that Sarah-Jane makes, to have a go at a Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, designed by Karen Giron.
This is the sketch,




Here is my card, sorry about the poor photo quality.



I've turned the sketch on its side as the distressed flowers seemed to work better that way. I've seen flowers similar to this on a lot of blogs, usually made with circles. I took the idea for using punched flowers from the tutorial on Dawn McVey's blog. You
might have noticed that I'm also loving SU's Build-a-brads. You can take any small image and make it into a brad. Send me an email (see box at right) if you are interested in more info about these. The background and stripe are pieces from the Bella Rose DSP, fell in love with this pack as soon as I saw it.

Anyway, I better keep moving. Thanks for visiting.

Cheers, xox


Recipe:
Stamps: Dreams du Jour, Priceless (on flowers)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White CS
, Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Basic Black,Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Flower Punches (non-SU), Button Bouquet, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Twine, Build-a-brad, 1.3 cm circle punch, dimensionals.


9 comments:

Rachael Knight said...

Hi Fiona,
Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to post a lovely comment! Really appreciate that. I love your entry - great idea to turn the sketch sideways, it really works! Hope you are enjoying being a demo as much as I do - love it!

Anonymous said...

Your card is wonderful. I love the flowers.

Sharon Carr said...

Really lovely card - the flower is a perfect accent for it!

Ronni said...

Awesome take on the sketch!

Karen Giron said...

Beautifully done - Love the sketch on it's side too. The flowers look gorgeous! Great job!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Fiona... I'm *blushing*... thankyou for all your lovely words. Your card is GORGEOUS. Very clever to turn it onto its side. It looks fabulous.

xx Sarah

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Fiona

I'm so excited to see you have a blog now, that will make it easy to find all your gorgeous cards. This card is amazing, I love the stamp set chosen, the colours and especially those wonderful flowers. It is such a very pretty card.
Thanks for sharing, enjoy your day.
Lee-Anne

Liam said...

This is just gorgeous. I love this card you did. Love your work. This is just a lovely card.

Liam

Kylie said...

Hi Fiona,
What a stunning card! I love your flowers, the colours everything!

Take Care,
Kylie X

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio