Sunday, October 4, 2009

Beautiful Becky

I am no scrapper but I have a lovely photo of my beautiful 12 y.o niece Becky, taken by the talented photographer Ryan Ahern, that I've been wanting to scrap for a while now. When I saw SU's "Sweet Nothings" Simply Scrappin' kit I knew it would be perfect. I 'borrowed' the layout from a 'Creative paper' magazine that I've had for ages.



These SU kits, available in a variety of themes, are perfect for new scrappers. The only extras I used were 'Whimsical Alphabet" and 'Live Your Dream' stamp sets, both now retired unfortunately and the little damask image from the 'Lovely Letters Alphabet'. I used a Build-a-Brad, love those things. The flowers are made using flower punches (non-SU) and a 'Button Bouquet' button in Riding Hood red. I also used my new Photo Corners punch, think it will come in very handy.
I am pretty pleased with how it turned out, even if I do say so myself LOL. It is easy when the subject is so gorgeous! I'm thinking I might try a page of her brothers practicing in their band.

Thanks for dropping by,
Fi xox

4 comments:

AMY FLEMING said...

Now I want a simply scrapping kit!!! Hehe You have done a fantastic job! so pretty!
And your niece is beautiful!
Have a great week!
Amy

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Fi... this is GORGEOUS absolutely GORGEOUS. The Simply Scrappin' Kits are fabulous aren't they. I've just finished scrapping 13 6x6 pages of Ella for her birthday. I'll be posting them during the week.

Xx Sarah

Kylie said...

WOW Fiona,
What a STUNNING layout and a beautiful young lady!
I so need to get some Simply Scrapping Kits lol!
Fantastic job Fiona!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Chantelle said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Fiona - lovely picture and great scrapping. The flower is very cute.

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio