Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Keesh Sketch Challenge #16

Finally, I've been able to have a go at one of Keesh's challenges. I have missed at least the last two. This one is a really nice sketch, so of course, I had to have two attempts, LOL.



The first time I saw the sketch I thought of a silhouette of butterflies in front of a sun or moon. I decided to try my brayer again. I need quite a bit more practice at getting more of a gradation in the colours but thought it was not too bad for being only the 2nd time my brayer has seen ink.


I didn't exactly stick to the sketch as it didn't look right to put a strip of anything across under the circle, so I used the grass stamp from 'Inspired by Nature' instead. The butterflies are from 'Dreams du Jour' & 'Inspired by Nature' (ret). I used 'Summer Sun', 'Tangerine Tango', 'Rose Red' and 'So saffron' inks for the background. The grass & butterflies are 'Chocolate Chip' with the butterflies also stamped in Versamark & clear embossed. The paper is Glossy White & Chocolate Chip CS.

Another friend's child is having a birthday (and there are still 4 December birthdays yet!!!) so I decided to use this sketch again.



I had already thought of using the 'Sticky Cuts' 9 with blue 'Supernova' glitter, so I just incorporated that idea into the sketch (thanks to Sarah-Jane as I think your card must have inspired me to think of using the 'Party Hearty' hats). The glitter worked so well with the sticky cuts number, easier than using glue. i did, however, give the paper (retired SU DSP) a good rub over with my 'Embossing Buddy' first as I have a tendency to end up with glitter stuck to the paper as well as to the stamped image/sticky cut. The CS is 'Green Galore' (a rarity, I hardly ever use it), "Pumpkin Pie' & 'Pacific Point', & I used my 'Pacific Point' ink pad plus markers in 'G.G', 'Pump. Pie', and 'Real Red' for the hats. I cut one out & stuck it near the top using scraps of Dimensionals. I hope Jesse likes it.

That's it for tonight. Better go get some sleep as I *sob* have to go back to work tomorrow night after 3 glorious weeks of holidays. I hope the women are kind & ease me back in gently, though storms and rain usually means 'broken waters' and lots of women labouring. Something to do with the change in barometric pressure....

Have a great week, will try & get back soon with pics of some of the gorgeous swaps I received at Regionals.

Cheers,
Fi xox

13 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

These are both stunning! I have to get myself a brayer... :) You've done a beautiful job on both.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Fiona! Your brayering is superb! I only wish I was that great!LOL!
Kirsty

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love both of your cards but especially the beautiful job you did with the brayering in the first. Your cards on your blog header are pretty stunning too!

Jo said...

two great cards, Fiona - and the brayering has worked very well. I must get brave enough to try it out, Jo

Chantelle said...

Wow, they are both really great cards Fiona. The birthday card is very fun - love the big '9'. Great job with the sketch.

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

I really love the design you have used with the braying and the butterflies.

Sally Little said...

Pretty impressive use of the brayer there Fiona, I think you have done a great job with both cards.
Sally :)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Fiona!!!! You've outdone yourself. Your first card is AMAZING!!! And I love the Birthday card, it SO Fun!!!! Awesome job on the sketch.

xx Sarah

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your first card with the sun is just gorgeous! It looks amazing! Love both cards and you have done a fantastic job with the challenge!
Michelle

Tracey Old said...

Two great cards you are on a roll!! The first is my fav! I love the everything about it! I need to have a play with my brayer!!Thanks for playing along;-)
Tracey xx

Byl Family... said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I love how both of them are so very different from each other! The masking on the first one works really well, and I love that sparkly 9! I hope you have eased back into work okay! Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

Petronela said...

Hi Fiona,
Love what you have done on both of these cards.
I attended Brisbane regionals yesterday, thought about going to Sydney as well!! but couldn't, I will be at convention in Sydney next year & will look out for eachother then.
Petronela

Kylie said...

Hi Fiona,
I've been a bad girl and haven't popped in on your lovely blog for a little while and WOW you have been busy, everything is STUNNING, I love your creations!
Your butterfly card for Keesh's challenge is simply gorgeous, It's beautiful, love it and your party hardy one is so much fun!!!

Hope all is well in your part of OZ!
Have a great upcoming week!
Take Care,
Hugs,
Kylie X

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio