Thursday, January 7, 2010

'Sweet Treats' Rocket

Hi Everyone,
Long time, no blog. Seems like everyone in blogdom has been rather busy, however its time to get back into it. I hope you all had a very Happy New Year & that 2010 will hold wonderful things for you.

I've been playing with the Sweet Treats cups again. I wasn't so sure about these at first, but now I'm hooked! I better stock up while I can, as the Summer Mini won't be around forever.

My friend's son is turning 7 on the 14th (really this time. I put a '7' on last year's card but he was only turning '6' *blush*. Still, I suppose that's better than, shock, horror, putting a '5'!!). I saw this fabulous card on Janice Klass' blog. She does some amazing work. I fell in love with it straight away & decided it was perfect for just about any boy under the age of 10.



Janice came up with, not only the fabulous idea of using the 'Sweet Treats Cup' as the earth, but also with making a peel-off backing for easy access to the treats in the cup (mini M&Ms in this case). In my last post using these cups (click here to view) I copies Marelle's idea of using a slide-out tag. However I found this rather fiddly. I love Janice's idea. I thought for a while about how to make a peel-of backing and came up with the following idea:



I cut a 2" circle out of CS (I used a punch but you could use the fabulous 'Circle Scissors Plus' out of the Summer Mini, great for cutting circles up to 16cm in diameter) and then used the 'Word Window' punch to cut a 'handle'. I attached it to the circle & then used 'Dotto' reposition-able adhesive so that the CS circle is able to be peeled off (Oops, just realised I forgot to rotate this pic after I took it).

See below for 2 pics showing the steps involved. I love how easy this is.




By the way, the 'Dotto' adhesive is also great for holding the paper or CS to the cutting mat when using the 'Circle Scissors Plus'. No movement & clean, crisp circles!

Thanks for calling in. Have a great day,
Fi xox


Recipe:
Stamps: Pun Fun, In the Stars (retired)
Paper: Night of Navy, Kiwi Kiss & Whisper White CS
Ink: Encore Silver, SU Markers, Non-SU markers
Accessories: Chipboard Number, Crystal Effects, Dotto, Glitter Glue (non-SU), 1 3/4" Circle & Word Window punches, 2" Circle Punch (non-SU), Mini M&Ms


3 comments:

Genelle Little said...

Ooooh Fi, I LOVE your peel-off backing thingy! Very clever, I will definitely CASE this - what a super idea from Janice too! xox

Janice Klass said...

Hi Fiona, I am so honored that you CASEd one of my cards. Your card is great and you did a much better job at the peel off section than what I did!

Janice Klass said...

BTW... forgot to say LOVE the moon idea. I need to make another one of these cards tonight and I might have a go at including a moon. TFS

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio