Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Good neighbours

Hi Guys,

Just a quick post. My lovely 'across-the-road' neighbours moved a few months ago. I will miss them as they have been there the whole time that I have lived here and are a very nice family. We would look out for one another. I couldn't let them leave without a little acknowledgement. I made them a card using the very appropriate (& now retired) SAB set "Good Neighbours. I cased it from this card on Splitcoast.




I used my 'Sweet Pea' DSP & scallop edge punch (both only available in the US at this time) *waving to Lavonne*, Whisper White, Old Olive & So Saffron CS, my matching SU Markers, Fusion felt flowers held on with a So Saffron brad, & Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon. I made a matching mini-pizza style box that I filled with chocs, but forgot to take a pic of it, duh! They called in one day to say thanks. Isn't it lovely when people appreciate the things we make? I wonder what the new neighbours will be like. Maybe I could make a 'welcome to the street' card with the same stamps...

ETA: Did anyone out there know that today is 'International Midwives Day'? Am hoping to find some cake, at least, from the boss when I arrive tonight.

Anyway, must get ready for work.

Catch you soon (I know, promises, promises...)
Fi xox

6 comments:

Genelle Little said...

Happy International Midwives Day, Fi! Hope the bubs and their parents are cooperating for you :)
xox

Lavonne said...

Wouldn't it be nice if a crafty friend made you a Happy Midwives Day card? (with candy!) You are so loving and giving, I pray you receive back 100-fold. Happy Midwives Day to one of the best midwives in the world!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sweet card, Fi! And ... I love the way you set up all your card photos so nicely! Clever girl! xxAxx

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Fi

What a lovely card... and you keep making me jealous with that yummy paper. And don't get me started on the punch :) it's so cute. I also love the added touch of the flowers and ribbon.

What a lovely thing for you to do as well, I also hope you get lovely new neighbours. After all, they're lucky enough to have you.

I hope you had a great Midwives Day as well. After three children I know how great midwives are and I just know you would be fantastic. I hope the boss showed you his/her appreciation.

Take care Fi, have a lovely week.

Love Lee-Anne
xox

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hey Fi! I am imaging the lack of posts means you are busy with your swaps!! I do hope I manage to nab one! (If I actually get there now!) 2 sleeps!!! Hugs xxAxx

Kylie said...

AWESOME card, Fiona! LOVE IT!!!

Take Care,
Kylie X

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio