Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Finally, time for some challenges.

Hi There,
I have really missed playing my fav challenges like Keesh's and Sweet Sunday. I finally took the time to have a play.

Keesh's latest sketch challenge, #39, (can you believe it?) is very cute and I have had 2 plays (I know, shock, horror). Firstly, here is the sketch:


My first play is a Birthday card for my friend's son who is turning 7. I have been hanging to get my hands on the new fab 'Celebrations' DSP as it is perfect for boys. I've been wanting to combine it with "Lots of Bots" and figure that would be fine for a big 7 y.o. boy. So, the image isn't a flower but figure challenges are all about poetic licence. I love the paper with the numbers, so used it & the cut out an extra '7' and popped it up on dimensionals and added Crystal Effects. I coloured the bot with my inks and a blender pen as it is a bit more subtle than straight markers.




 ETA: I realised that I need to put the next card in a separate post so that I can link both with thumbnails.

Cheers,
Fi xox

4 comments:

Jo said...

Love this card - so will it's recipient! The colours and the image match beautifully, and I love the glossy, large no. 7

Unknown said...

A fab job, that paper goes so well with that stamp set, and I love your number 7, terrific.

Makeesha Byl said...

totally adorable Fi!!! Love the glossy number, and your wee robot! thanks so much for playing, love keesh x

Lee said...

This DSP was made for this lil robot dude! It's awesome, and your colouring is perfect. I hadn't thought of using the blender pens with inks, but I like the look :) Your friends boy will LOVE it!

btw... whaddya mean can't get holidays for convention??? Even booked this far in advance? Whoa! Methinks you might be able to sweeten up somebody to swap with you.. a batch of French Pear body butter perhaps?? But you MUST come, meeting you would be a highlight of the trip for me!!!!!!!!

Lulla x

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio