Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A little something for Keesh.

Hi Guys,

Most of you probably know the gorgeous, and very talented, Makeesha Byl, known as Keesh. She is one of the first bloggers that I ever started following and she has been a huge inspiration to me. She does a ton of work with her Inkspirations Challenges site too that is a heap of fun. All that plus she is an absolute sweetheart. Anyway she had a stamp I really liked and she very willingly stamped me off some images and sent them to me. Now, Keesh is expecting a bundle of joy shortly, so I sent her a little gift of a labour pack to use on the big day (I hope she's received it). Of course I needed to send a card. Quite freaky to think of making a card for someone so extremely talented. I also didn't have much time. Anyway, I used the, oh so cute, Baby Bundle stamp set and some SU DSP that my friend Lavonne *waving* sent me last year.

Here is the result:


I didn't want go a definite pink or blue and was thrilled to find this paper in my (ever growing) stash. I used watercolour paper and Stazon ink and coloured in with an Aquapainter and my ink pads. I added some brads and a ribbon also sent by the gorgeous Lavonne. The heart was punched and it, and a bootie, were popped up on glue dots. The little tags were punched out after being stamped with images from the Tiny Tags set. The CS colours are 'Pretty in Pink' & 'Baja Breeze'.

I hope Keesh likes it even though it is very simple. Keesh, wishing you all the best for the best labour and birth that a woman can have, and a gorgeous healthy baby.

Cheers,
Fi xox

6 comments:

AMY FLEMING said...

I think Keesh will LOve it!!! You did such a fantastic job with the colours it totally works for a girl or boy!!! well done you :)
Have a great week
xxxAmy

devon said...

Very cute card! *waving* You know how food always tastes better when someone else cooks it, just because you have the blessing of receiving? I imagine Keesh will be totally blessed in receiving your gift from the heart!

Lavonne said...

oh, that is funny...my friend Devon was just here, and she was logged in so my comment above looks like it's from her! Let's see if it's got my name in it this time!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Aaawww ... super cute! And ... Stacey loved her labour pack too! I only wish the labour wasn't going on so long!!! (She is struggling away as I type!) I wish I could whisk Fi into the birthing unit ... to be my eyes and ears!!! Hugs xxaxx

H2 :) said...

This is adorable Fi! Love how you have coloured the carriage & added the extra details. The DSP is gorgeous & works perfectly for either boy or girl. Keesh will absolutely love it! :)

Makeesha Byl said...

Such a delightful creation and even MORE gorgeous in real life! You are the sweetie Fi! MWAH xxx

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio